Cookies are small text files which websites, and sometimes emails, place on your device. They provide useful information to companies, which helps in all sorts of ways. For you, it means you can use our site more efficiently and save time by not having to re-enter your details each time you visit. For us, cookies help us to analyse how our customers use our website so we can make improvements.
We use three types of cookies on our site.
• Session cookies that are deleted after each visit. They do not store any personal information and are deleted when you close your web browser.
• Permanent cookies that remain on your device after you have closed your browser. These cookies allow us to recognise you and remember your preferences next time you visit our site.
• Third-party cookies that are used by our approved business partners.
Certain cookies are necessary for you to use our site. Other cookies are not essential but do help to improve your experience while using our site. You can delete the cookies from your browser at any time if you want to (see below for more information on how to do this), but this will restrict the functions that you’re able to carry out on our site.
Our cookies fall into the following categories.
Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are needed for our site to work properly. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log in to secure areas of our site. These will usually be session cookies (see above).
• how many people have visited our site;
• how visitors reached our site;
• what type of technology visitors are using (for example, Mac or Windows), which helps us to identify when our site isn’t working as it should for particular technologies;
• how long visitors spend on our site;
• what pages visitors look at;
and so on.
This helps us to continuously improve our site.
Functionality cookies: These are used to recognise you when you return to our site. This means that you do not need to log in each time you visit our site.
Targeting cookies: These cookies record your visit to our site, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We and third parties use this information to make our site, and the advertising on it, more relevant to you.
Advertisements displayed on our site may be provided through an advertising-management company. When you view a web page that contains advertising provided by an advertising-management company, that company may place a cookie on, or collect a cookie from, your device (if you have enabled cookies).